Recently I have gotten the sense there are a number of people out there having a tough time right now. I’m not sure if it’s the pollen or the time of the year or what the issue is. However, I thought it might be a good idea to post a few animal photos to try to put some smiles back on the faces of those having a tough time.
So I scoured all my files and gathered a bunch together to help illustrate adulting as a twentysomething told through animal photos. I hope you like them and, most importantly, I hope you smile. Enjoy!
1. Me right after I graduated college:
2. Actual photographic evidence of me trying to stand out on my resume so someone will hire me into an entry level position:
3. She’s looks like doing it better than I am. Should I be doing what she’s doing?
4. If I pretend I know what you’re talking about maybe you’ll drop it and then I can Google it later.
5. Me when I successfully make a recipe: “I’m an amazing cook! Feel free to call me Betty Crocker!”
6. Me suffering through a recipe gone wrong: “This tastes like crap. I am never making this recipe again. Maybe I should just run out for take out?”
7. Please may I take a break from adulting?
8. Me when I unload the dishwasher: Nailed it! I am the queen of being grown up!
9. There are not enough hours in the day to get everything done.
10. Free food! It’s a miracle! Take some and run!
11. Must escape! Can I go back to being a kid again?!
12. How I feel as I look into my 401k options.
13. Me after I wash and fold all my laundry in one day: “Check me out! I’m a real adult!”
14. Eats one salad. “I’m so healthy! This means I’m covered all week right?”
15. I cannot be bothered with cleaning today, it’s imperative that I just sit here and do nothing.
16. Actual footage of me leaving the office on Fridays.
17. When you’re the only twentysomething in an important meeting.
18. Me on pay day while I wait to be handed my check.
19. If I dress the part and try to look as cute as possible maybe no one will know I’m nervous.
20. But WHY am I no longer allowed to have winter break?
That’s all folks! I hope these photos brought at least a little joy into your day. Have a wonderful weekend!